Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Personal Problems:



A friend of mine wrote to me with a request (that I'll post soon), but his e-mail mentioned this great band called the Dazzling Killmen; who I had been wanting to post here for a long time. If "math rock" was ever considered geeky and frail, then these guys brought the muscle to the game! Manic power on display here from the chunky, taunt rhythms to the mangled overbearing guitar chords...it also healps that the whole band plays tighter than a mosquito's asshole. The singer sounds like he's about to lose his mind every time he opens his mouth. You can feel the tension gripping his jaws as he spits forth his venom. Quite possibly one of the most domestically violent musical experiences to ever creep out of the 90's underground noise-rock scene...yea, i hate that term also, but too plastered right now to care much about it.

Take a listen, a personal favorite and just the thing to turn onto in these times of turbulent trouble.

FACE OF COLLAPSE

3 comments:

Ryan said...

Haha I'm friends with the singer it that band. He was in a band called Sicbay that people liked too.

jAy @ jApAn said...

well, that was an interesting way to put it: "People liked them too"...hahaha SICBAY never did get past the "hmmm...interesting" stage with me. Just couldn't feel anything to attach myself to them.... Nick was the singer's name for DK and SICBAY, if i remember correctly. I recall writing something for my old band's website about how much I dug FACE OF COLLAPSE and he wrote to me thanking me for the positive words. Actually, there was once a DK tribute album being made....seems like i recall it was coming out of Alabama. My old band was picked to contribute a song and we tried to learn "Agitator" but we fought hard about it and scraped the idea.

Brother Nature said...

I mentioned that comp to Blake Fleming (the drummer) and he said that it did eventually come out. He said there were a few cool versions and a handful of bands that basically covered the songs note for note, which were less interesting to him.
I wish we did learn that damn song.
I've been on such a Dazzling Killmen kick lately and I can't wait for the upcoming post.
Thanks Jay.