Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Ugh!:

   Let me spray it out in the open: I love CHUMBAWAMBA! From every album that I have heard, I have been impressed. Hey, I can dig the pop bands with the occasional anarchist slant. I decided to drop this gem of an album, 1995's SWINGIN' WITH RAYMOND tonight because, well...first of all, I had it in the stack of stuff to eventually post anyway; and also, because the great song "Ugh! Your Ugly New Houses!" blurted into my headphones on my 1 & 1/2 hour commute to work this morning and I took it as a divine sign from Raymond, himself.

   This is an album cut from two cloths. The first half is all folky acoustic songs (done very well), part two of this excellent is more of an amplified affair. Really great songwriting all around..not too be missed!

3 comments:

Kittysneezes.com/Rev. Syung Myung Me said...

I _LOVE_ this album; I was really shocked to learn that apparently it's a fan-least-favorite, which really, well, baffles me. It's probably my favorite. If I had any complaint, it's that the two discs could easily fit on one, but my preferred solution would have been to put more songs on each than to combine into one, heh. Still, though -- such a great dang record. Chumbawamba rule.

Kittysneezes.com/Rev. Syung Myung Me said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
jAy @ jApAn said...

Interesting...my copy is a single disc.